Eric's Blog Reviews

Friday, May 12, 2006

Daily Kos

If you've been on the 'net a long time, you've heard of The Daily Kos:

www.dailykos.com/

Of course, as a conservative Republican, I disagree with pratically everything on it. So I should not comment about content, only that, it's wrong.

In keeping with progressive tradition, it's quite easy for someone to post something. Which creates a problem. How can a right winger like me be prevented from putting my propaganda on it, which is out of place? Or, how can a smart right winger like me put kooky positions in support of their positions - but use arguments that really - and I mean really - discredit's their position? There's no screening. I signed up to become a contributor, quite easily - although I have to wait a week.

What Daily Kos says, often becomes gospel on the left. So of course it's an important site. And this alone would grant it an "A" automatically.

However, there is a big weakness to it. Archives. It is difficult to locate an archive on a specific topic. One has to keep scrolling back. Even on Blogger it's much easier locating archives. So the grade has to be downgraded somewhat.

Grade: A-