Eric's Blog Reviews

Monday, April 24, 2006

Historic Computer Images

Today I go into a blog that is about computer history:

ftp.arl.army.mil/ftp/historic-computers/

I am old enough where the terms "computer" and "history" are oxymoronic.

This tells about the early days of computers. I think it's kinda interesting. Shows how much computer technology has changed. In fact, it is said there is more computing power in one of those musical birthday cards than was in the whole world prior to 1950.

Not on the site is the "future" of home computing, circa 1954. Is the steering wheel the device the mouse replaced? Oh yea - Fortran being easy? I remember that when I was in Russia in 1994, that is what they were using for their school computers - when we were way beyond that (and ten years before this) - but somehow they all have become hacking experts.























Grade: A-