Eric's Blog Reviews

Thursday, April 27, 2006

You have got to be kidding me

What happens when you take a Democrat, and put him in North Dakota? Think about it - putting two bad things together? Look at this blog:

anangrydakotademocrat.blogspot.com/

This is called, well, An Angry Dakota Democrat. Pathetic? Yes. So if you put two negatives together, you get a positive, like in math, right? As you know the proverb, two wrongs don't make a right. And it is certainly true here.

As you know, I am a Republican. I don't like Democrats. I can bash Democrats all day long. So I need not do so.

Instead, I will bash North Dakota.

Ever been there? If you answer "no" like most of America, you aren't missing anything. I went there in 1980, when I was 9. That probably will be the last time I will go back there. There is absolutely nothing to see there, except for the badlands, and Teddy Roosevelt's ranch. I saw both, so no need to return.

My grandma came from there to Seattle about 1936. She still thinks the place is wonderful. But she never returned (as a resident). Kinda shows how wonderful it is, huh? I went to the family farm, and all I remember is that there was so little water, due to the drought, one could not take a bath. And the distant relative, about my age, was wearing a "Grease" t-shirt, all the time, that was greasy - because it had not been washed. Ok, someone who married into my family to get the farm - long story. Anyways, the farm is long outside the family, and is probably leased. It is near Makoti, which really is not a place where you would want to go.

My grandma still thinks so highly of the place that she gave me a "Scenes from North Dakota" calender a few years ago. You know how most scenery calenders have pretty scenes from around the state (or city)? Well, this one doesn't. I am not making this up. It was twelve ugly scene of this hellhole. Anyways, it sat around my house, until my brother from Colorado came, and saw it sitting around, and asked if he could have it because he had no wall calender - and I let him have it (why through something useful out, no matter how ugly)?

Before I go, his assessment of high gas prices is wrong - it is all supply and demand. And this ignoramus thinks ANWAR oil will last only three months? This is the first time I have heard a figure this low - not even National Geographic has this low a figure, which is increasingly becoming an anti-ANWAR pro-global warming exists propaganda rag.

In sum, I do not have a high opinion of this blog, and grade it accordingly

Grade: C-