Eric's Blog Reviews

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

One about Nashville?

Here is a blog that showed up on "Blogger"

nashville.modearkansas.com/

This is about the Nashville neighborhood. This is someplace in Tennessee. No, this is not about the only thing Nashville is known for - "country" music - but that is about all that goes on in Nashville.

The main question about this blog is the following: Why?

In any case, the only thing good about Tennessee is the way they vote - you might disagree, but that's because you're wrong. Nothing good ever came from that state. Not it's music. I like cowboy music, I like bluegrass music, but mixing the two together doesn't lead to a Reeses (sp?) Peanut Butter Cup-like mix - meaning something better. Instead, it leads to this crap called country music, which has now morphed into a musical form that is nothing more than scaled down rock. Sure they sing about things I like, but I cannot stand the sound. I'd rather listen to a Swedish metal band like I'm doing right now - who probably want to expropriate my wealth and force atheism down my throat like they all want to do in that country - than listen to someone preaching my politics with bad music behind them. And, no, Elvis isn't from Tennessee - he's originally from Biloxi, Mississippi.

Remember, the Klan started in Tennessee, too. And do they hide Nathaniel Bedfort Forrest, the founder, in shame? No, they confuse this uber-bigot with Robert E Lee and put him in a place of honor and still celebrate his birthday every single year. That's because they probably still love his racial views - it wouldn't surpise me if they still do. Even Algore participated in Nathaniel Bedfort Forrest day!

The culture? Besides generally being good Christians, and the fact they like guns, what else is there to honor? What else is there to do in that state besides get drunk?

The climate? Why would you want to live in a humid climate that has a lot of creepy-crawlies?

In any case, we need to get back to the blog. All they write about here is about happenings in Nashville - which really is not relevant to the scheme of things. I cannot figure out what this blog is about. Which really doesn't matter because they people from that state generally have nothing to add to an intellectual discussion anyway.

I did see something about touring the Arkansas Wine Country. I have never heard of wine tours of wineries who only produce box wine. Coming from an area with a lot of wineries (the Sammamish region), it might be interesting to see what a winery is like that produces this slop.

You might be reading this by now thinking "this nut is totally judging this place, wrongly, on preconceived notions!" True, I have never been near the south, and know few southerners. But that shouldn't mean I have no ability to make highly educated judgements about them. As Rat Scabies once said about Led Zeppelin "Led Zeppelin! I don't need to hear their music! All I need to do is see their picture to throw up!" Granted, he was wrong about Led Zeppelin, but this underscores an important point about making character judgements about a volk.

In any case, this really isn't a bad blog, nor is bigotry promoted. So the grade is a moderate one.

Grade: C