Eric's Blog Reviews

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hahahaha Hawaii

Here is a photo blog:

funnyhawaii.blogspot.com/

From what I can tell, it is about Koreans on tour. Of the United States. And the oodles of pictures they took.

They appear goofy. But I don't think it is funny. But that is because I am an American and I don't understand Korean humor. Just like I am an American and I don't understand what they fuck the British think is so humorous about their humor.

Most of it is in Korean, so I cannot make heads or tales of what is going on. If this were a bunch of Americans taking pictures, I would think "I don't give a rats ass about what you post on the internet - why are you taking up so much storage." Same with this site. But since it is from a different culture, I can go here and say I got my "multicutural experience" for the day. I can thus make myself appear more sophisticated than I really am. Just like all those intellegentsia types who guzzle up everything foreign they can get their hands on (to make it appear they are really smart) so they can hide the fact that their level of intelligence does not match the number of university degrees they have (usually in such things like sociology, ethnic studies, religions studies, art history, etc.). And I don't have to watch some stupid foreign film to do so.

Maybe you can figure out what is so funny here?

Given that this is ordinary people taking ordinary pictures, doing goofy things, and I can't read Korean to see if there is actually substance to these photos, I really see nothing that makes this blog stand out from the rest - except for the fact it is from another culture, which there are lots of those out there anyway.

Grade: C